Our Core Beliefs
All people benefit from and deserve access to learning Empowerment Self-Defense to protect themselves and others from violence.
Empowerment Self-Defense skills enable people of all backgrounds and abilities to live bolder, freer and healthier lives
Knowing how to assert clear personal boundaries enables people to be more effective and more successful in their lives and relationships.
Issue Areas Include
Crime & Safety
Human Rights & Civil Liberties
Sexual Abuse & Human Trafficking
ESDG’s Intern Program
ESDG’s Intern Program works to ensure meaningful projects and collaboration for interns. Each intern will have one or more specific projects that will require research, writing, media engagement, and working with staff and partners.
For example: please create ESDG’s Wikipedia page. Or, please update the LinkedIn page, research themes and groups to follow, design and implement that outreach. Interns are a part of a cohort where you learn together, explore ideas, and provide feedback to ESDG. Interns will participate in global work and be a part of regular brown bag luncheons to gain work skills and knowledge of the field.
Time & Money
Time & Money: Interns will work either ten or twenty hours a week and are eligible for a stipend at the end of their internships. Interns will be paid a $1000 stipend for those who worked 20/hrs wk or more, assuming satisfactory performance.
Internships are 3 months long and begin in January, May, and September. Internship may be renewed. ESDG will work with universities for Internship course credits. Interns will need to agree to a background check.
Sample Intern Responsibilities
• Assist in following up country specific developments of ESDG, in particular but not limited to, rollout of trainings, engagement with local instructors, NGOs and networks.
• Support ESDG (Europe) by conducting research and compilation of the trainings’ feedback from participants in country roll-out (i.e. Albania with a country team of 14 instructors), compiling success stories and lessons learned.
• Assist in implementing a Salesforce Management System by building reports, manage data, and other tasks.
• Meet periodically with the ESD Global team to determine and prioritize engagement activities, social media upgrades, implementation and content update.
• Support ESDG’s media team with research and posting social media for our global programs.
• Assist ESDG teams in implementing a communication plan to raise awareness about the work ESDG is undertaking through various channels of communication;
• Provide inputs and undertake day-to-day follow-up to advocacy, knowledge building and communication efforts on ESDG programmatic areas.
• Assist in logistical and operational support and provide other assistance as identified during the internship period.
Qualities & Qualifications
Must be at least 18 years old.
Ability to work collaboratively with a global team.
Strong self-starter initiative to launch, design and complete projects in a timely manner.
Creative problem solving and a drive to build better more effective programs with little supervision.
Fluency in English is required and the ability to speak another language is a plus.
Dedication to grassroots change and conducting effective advocacy campaigns.
Strong work ethic with a high degree of energy.
Experience in empowerment self-defense (ESD) or other violence prevention work a plus, but not necessary.
Must have a computer and reliable internet connection for video meetings.
Our Differences Make Us Stronger
We are a global, multi-cultural organization and want to make sure that our team members reflect that. We celebrate multiple approaches and points of view because ESD does not discriminate on the basis of, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, religion, national origin, citizenship status, or disability.
Send a cover letter and resume in a pdf file to firstname.lastname@example.org before April the 15th at 16:00 CET. The file should be named Europe Intern Lastname. For example: Europe Intern Martinez. If the document is not in pdf, or named according to the instructions, it will not be opened. Please let us know how you heard of the position.
ESD Global is a US-based nonprofit organization (NGO) that envisions a world where people can live safe, violence-free lives. ESD Global is dedicated to making Empowerment Self-Defense (ESD) accessible around the world through increasing public awareness of its profound benefits.
WHAT IS ESD
WHAT IS ESDG
MEET OUR TEAM
PO Box 52255
Boston MA 02205